Does the Clock Strike Death?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to DCSD! We hope you enjoy your stay!

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» NEW SITE!! NEW SITE!!
Pop A Bottle  EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:45 pm by Atreyu

» Bringing The Site Back
Pop A Bottle  EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 pm by Atreyu

» Updated Descriptions Of Races
Pop A Bottle  EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:21 pm by Atreyu

» Site Design?
Pop A Bottle  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm by Kanana

» The Thread in Which Tokiwa and Kanana Haz Adventures and Schtuff
Pop A Bottle  EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 am by Tokiwa

» I WILL FIX IT
Pop A Bottle  EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 pm by Kanana

» Posts, Topics, Emails and Other Junk
Pop A Bottle  EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 am by Kanana

» Something Unexpected CLOSED
Pop A Bottle  EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm by Jareth

» Herro
Pop A Bottle  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 am by Jareth

2 posters

Pop A Bottle

Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Altamone

Pop A Bottle  Empty Pop A Bottle

Post by Nala Sun Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Nala Sun was peering out the glass walls of her bottle, watching the water flow by her. She couldn't control where she ended up, but part of her hoped her bottle broke. It might end her powers, but at least she'd be free! She silently prayed the bottle would break on a rock in the river, as the waves splashed against her bottle, and she saw large crystals pass vaguely by. She had no idea where she was, and wondered if she'd end up going out to sea.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Pop A Bottle  Empty Re: Pop A Bottle

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 pm

It had been a long day, and Armond was having a walk in the forest, it was quite beautiful, really. Armond took a fatherly pride in the forest, as he built it himself. To him, the sunlight bouncing off the crystal was one of the most beautiful sights in the world, second to Kohlec city. Armond decided to go look at the river, and he happened to notice a small bottle floating by the river, it was about to crash into one of the many rocks, and he managed to pluck it out of the water just in time. He inspected the bottle, and was shocked to find a small figure inside it, he thought it was some sort of doll, that is, until it moved. Armond cried out, and almost dropped the glass, but he managed to compose himself. "Hello?"
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:27 pm

The water disappeared, and she and all of her furniture were shoved to a side of the bottle. "HEY! WATCH IT!" she yelled as a giant hand cast shadows all around. She heard a deep thunderous voice, but knew it was just her bottle making it sound bigger than it was. "RUB THE LAMP!" she practically screamed, but she doubted if they could hear her. She sat down on the tilted floor with an unhappy pout, folding her arms across her chest and blowing a strand of hair out of her face boredly. She hoped that they didn't try and collect her bottle or something, it'd be an unhappy existence just sitting on a shelf.

Last edited by Nala Sun on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Armond inspected the bottle, looking at the small thing inside it, he was extremely confused, and had no idea what was going on, that is, until he heard a small voice calling RUB THE LAMP. He could barely hear it, but he heard it all the same. Following the voice, Armond rubbed the lamp.
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Her bottle was sucking her out, and before she knew it, she was out with a pop! A thin, almost indecipherable chain connected her to the bottle, and she floated above the ground for a few moments as her body grew in size. When she was done, she landed, and looked at the dude who'd rubbed the lamp with a huge grin. "Whoo! Thanks for that, it's really tiny in there!" she said with a grin, leaning against one of the giant crystal...trees? And inspected her nails for a moment, then looked at the guy. "I'm Nala Sun, genie, what is your heart's desire..." she said, completely bored. She resisted the urge to add "yadda yadda yadda" at the end, but looked at him with eyebrows raised.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:55 pm

To Armond's shock, a woman popped out of the bottle, she was red-headed, and she seemed bored. "I am Nala Sun, Genie, what is your heart's desire" Armond stood there for a moment, eyes wide. He stood there for a few seconds, all the while internally shouting WHAT THE FU'CK? He managed to contain himself, and genuinely consider the question. There was something he always wanted, so he decided to ask for that. "Could I have a dragon to help me fight my enemies and generally do activities with?" Seriously, he really, really wanted a dragon.
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:58 pm

"Ooh, cool," she grinned before taking her bottle from the guy and reaching her hand into it. If anyone was looking inside, they would see that her arm had shrunk. She pulled out a leather cord, placed a symbol upon it, and tied it around the guy's wrist. Out of the blue, a small dragon was in his hands. "There you go! Wish number 1! Got another, or do you just wanna wait it out and see?" she really hoped he opted for waiting, because if he didn't, she'd end up right back in her bottle.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Armond shrugged, he knew genies liked to pull tricks, and he wasn't particularly surprised. Still, the small thing was quite adorable, and when he stroked it it coughed up a bit of smoke, and looked at him affectionately. Armond looked back, and it flapped onto his shoulder. "Aww."He was distracted for a moment as he played with the dragon, but then he focused his attention on the genie, and the dragon perched on his shoulders. Armond considered the question for a moment. "I think i'll wait, in the meantime. Is there anything you'd like to do? I have a castle, if you want I could accommodate you? Though I expect reality warping creatures can just make one themselves..."
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Nala grinned when he said that he'd wait, and offered accommodations. "Nope. Can't use my powers for anything other than granting wishes," she said, but held up the bottle with the extremely thin--but unbreakable--chain connected to it. "I've got this thing, though," she said, shaking it. Slight tinkling could be heard from within, and she looked at it with disgust. "And, you know, I'd hate to be a bother," she said, looking at her feet and shuffling them awkwardly.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Armond smiled kindly, "Actually, I'm a king. And, if we don't have a room, I can just make one." Armond decided to demonstrate this by placing his hands close together. The emblems started to glow, and escalated into an almost blinding light, the light subsided, and in it's place was an exact crystal replica of Nala's bottle. Armond smiled, slightly smugly. "See what I mean? Now, we should really get going."
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Nala was very impressed. He had the gift of creating beauty. All she did was gift people a chance to have their greedy desires. "Oh, right, um, okay," she said with a small smile. "Do you want me to, um, get back in the bottle...sire?" she added last second, since she realized that she was in the presence of royalty. She resisted the idea of curtsying, since she found that while he was royal, he had no REAL affect on her. But, she was respectful if not else, and therefore knew that she would treat him with the utmost regard.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 pm

"You don't have to get in the bottle if you don't want to. Personally, I would like company, and I feel like we should chat before I make my next wish. I'd like to know what you can do, and a bit more about you. After all, you are a genie, and you are also incredibly powerful, so don't bother with the sire." Armond beckoned for the genie to follow as he walked.
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Nala let out a sigh of relief, and followed him eagerly, wearing a happy smile. You could see that her bottle was attached to her waist, and the chain around her bare foot was tapping on her leg. "So...you made everything in your home?" she asked curiously. It was not often that she met people with powers. Rather, people often wished for powers. She smiled as she walked, happy to be free, and stretched for a moment.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Armond nodded "Yup, I made my entire city, and the forest. Though it was slightly more complicated than that. It's hardly as if the blast hit, and I decided to make the city prettier. When the blast hit and I was given my power, all of the surrounding area was completely destroyed, everything. Well, my powers...exploded, and I ended up creating the majority of what you see here today. The rest I created later, when I had control of my powers. So it worked out quite nicely. "

Armond picked up the walking pace slightly, and started to inform Nala about what she could expect at the castle. "As a guest of the King, you'll get VIP treatment, and you are free to roam the castle. I understand if you want to travel the world after getting out of the bottle, so you're free to leave when you want, but please stay for a few hours, as I would like to have a wish or two. Keep in mind that there will always be a bed for you here if you need one. You are a genie, and an honored guest, so you can stay as long as you need." The dragon started to fly around the forest, clearly taking in it's beauty, a chip off the old block, it seemed. As they approached the castle, Armond made something else clear "Also, before I make any other wishes, I would appreciate it if you informed me of what exactly you can do, and how your power works."
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:44 am

Nala listened with pleasure, but part of her doubted she would be in the King's castle for long. Three wishes seemed like a lot, but man was petty and tended to make wishes upon impulse. She noted that the King picked up his pace, and she followed, keeping by his side. VIP treatment? It was hardly necessary, but she did not interrupt, as he stated that she'd be free to roam around. Free to roam around?! Could there be anything more wonderful? She noted the dragon took flight and smiled. Yes, she was glad that she did not trick this one; he was kind. She could see a great crystal structure appear, and she assumed it was his castle.

He wanted to know about her powers? Well...she didn't know much, but enough to give him a vague idea. "Um...well, I just place a symbol upon an object, and the wisher wears it or keeps it in their home. And it affects reality. But, were I to destroy the leather band on your arm, your dragon would disappear. He'd go right back to where I plucked him from; I can't MAKE things appear; I take them from their reality and put them in this one. And I can do pretty much anything, as long as you wish for it. Of course, you can't kill someone automatically, but you can wish for the advantage in a fight. And you can't bring someone back from the dead. I tried it once for someone; they were a cold shell of who they were before, and later had to be killed again for going insane. Of course, if your wish affects a place rather than a being, then I'd place symbols around that area. You also can't wish for love, because that usually ends badly as well. And I can only grant someone a total of three wishes. I don't know why, but I think it's because the cosmos get unhappy about more than that; I can't use my powers more than three times a day, either. And I can't use them for myself. Any questions?" she said, pretty much giving him the basic run down, finishing with a puff of air.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Finally, the two had gotten to Kohlec city, Armond turned around , and looked at Nala, he flung out his arm, pointing at the city. "This is Kohlec, Nala. The greatest city on earth. It spans one third of my kingdom." As Armond and Nala walked through the streets, the citizens recognized him, and bowed. That is, until he instructed them to stop being so humble and to get on with their business. And they did, freeing up time for Armond to show Nala the various shops and whatnot. After a while, the dragon flew back, and resumed to perching on his shoulder. The king had to take a slight detour, to buy some meat in order to feed the small thing, but other than that, the trip was fairly short.

The guard gave Armond's guests a strange look when they approached the castle, quite frankly, Armond didn't blame him. "Sire? For security purposes, who is this, and what is that?" Armond replied nonchalantly "This is Nala Sun, a genie who will be staying with us temporarily. And this is my new pet dragon, the genie gave him to me. Anything else?" The guard shook his head, and they were allowed passage into the castle.

The castle Vasiral was a great labyrinth of passages and bedrooms, and the walls were a brilliant shining white. Armond designed the walls so that they were not transparent, as his crystal normally was. Eventually, they reached Nala's room, and Armond flung open the door. "If you have any things, put them in here, then how about we go to the study for a chat? I'm eager to find out more about your history."
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Nala looked at Kohlec city with fascination, and blushed as people bowed to the King. She wished she wouldn't have been so...careless when she'd met him. She was glad that he told them to stop though; it was good that he wasn't a "nobler-than-thou" kind of person. She followed him as he showed her the various shops and stalls. After a little while, the dragon came back and landed on Armond's shoulder, and she cooed to it, scratching the scales under its chin. Armond bought the creature some meat, and Nala smiled. Yes, he was kind.

As they neared the front gates, the guard gave her a strange look. She blushed, not sure what to do. He was the King's guard...did she bow, or...he spoke, and she looked down. The King answer well enough, and she shot the guard a smug smile when he looked at her with wide eyes. She then sauntered into the castle after Armond, smirking the whole way. It was apparent that she was better than most of the people around here; other than the King himself, of course.

The castle was white, and beautiful, and she knew that with all of the twists and turns and passages, she'd get lost if Armond weren't there to guide her. Eventually, they reached a room and the King opened the door. "If you have any things, put them in here, then how about we go to the study for a chat? I'm eager to find out more about your history." he said. She gave the room a long look, then looked at the King with eyebrows raised. She didn't have anything to put in there. Well, her bottle could go in there, but she really didn't want a super long practically invisible chain running through Armond's castle. But, in case she got lost, she could always use the chain to come back here....

She quickly untied her bottle from her waist, set it on the night stand, gave her chain a hard tug, and when she saw that her bottle wouldn't tip, she followed Armond to his study.

Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Armond entered the study, and sat down on the chair closest to the fireplace, as usual. He then proceeded to pour two drinks of fine Areadonian wine, the best. He gestured for Nala to sit down in the chair opposite him, also next to the fireplace. "I trust you've had these talks before, so i'll try to keep it brief. But you must understand i'd like to make the right choice. So, would you please tell me some other wisher's desires, particularly the ones that backfired on them. I wouldn't like to make the same mistake they did." Armond took a sip of the wine, and nodded in approval
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Nala didn't know whether or not she should sit, so she remained standing near his chair. The fire was warm, and she was glad for it. He poured some wine, and then indicated that she should sit, and she did so, tucking her legs under her. She took a glass of wine from him, giving it a small sip as he spoke. It tasted wonderful, and a dimpled smile touched her lips.

She did not speak for a few moments, thinking upon what he said. Then, everything he wanted to know came tumbling out: "Well, I'm quite a trickster, so a LOT of wishes have backfired on folks. But, that's only because people word things silly, and my interpretation can be....ah, twisted. Also, wishing for things like someone dead to come back to life...well, those generally backfire as well. I make it a general rule to not grant those anymore, but when I was first starting out as a genie, well, I granted almost every wish. The dead person would return, but were mere shells of whom they were before, and would eventually have to be killed for their instabilities. It was quite tragic, really. And then there are the suicidal wishers, who do naught but ask for death repeatedly. I won't grant those, and I've never tried. I won't use my gifts to kill people; that's not what they're intended for.

"And of course, there are people who wish for their enemies to be weakened. I'll grant those, but I like adding a little twist--"
    she gave a roguish grin here "--And I'll make it so they might be weaker in one aspect, but stronger in another. It generally doesn't end well. And then, there are the "Romantic Wishers" as I call them. All they want is somebody to love, and they wish for either someone that they love to love them back, or for me to generate a new person, made just for them. These...are funny to watch. But, they cause such chaos that I won't really grant those anymore, either. Of course, the wishes to be a 'better fighter' can also be....misinterpreted by me, but I generally understand what one is talking about. My advice for you? Phrase things carefully. Very, very carefully." She finished, giving him a knowing little smile and taking another sip of the wine.

Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Now Armond was worried, he sat the wine down on the mantelpiece. So, what does this trickster have in store for me? Will she purposely trick me? She seemed...nice. But, she surprised me with a small dragon. Fortunately, I'm okay with this, but the next one could be disastrous. I'll have to beat her at her own game, a game she has far more experience in. After a minute's thought, Armond leaned forward. "Alright, I would like the ability to see people's emotions through an aura only I can see. Each basic emotion will have a different colour. Armond sketched a colour wheel of sorts, showing the various colours and what they correspond to. In the middle of the different colours were various, uncoloured emotions. Armond explained that those emotions would be show by two colours. For instance, if he saw someone in love, half of their aura would be yellow, whilst the other green. Armond sat back, happy with his work."So, can you do that for me?"

OOC:This is the colour wheel.
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Nala Sun could only smile at this request. Her smug little self knew that he was worried of tricks. Ah, but did he not understand? She was lonely most of the time; tricking was just a way for her to receive delight. But, with a small dimpled smile, she decided to grant it. Taking his hand, she marked the leather band on his wrist with yet another symbol. With a nod, she had granted his wish. Just the way he wanted; but...there was no way for him to turn it off.

She gave his little dragon a small knowing look, then turned back to him with that same smugness. Mister Emotion Seer just might go blind from all the color, she thought with a hidden grin, feeling perversely giddy at the fact that he might just lose his mind if in a crowd.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:11 pm

A rush hit Armond, and all of a sudden, he was treated to a glow of yellow emitting from Nala, it seemed to be joy. Well, that's not good. Armond quickly realized he couldn't turn the aura off, he didn't mind to much, he wasn't planning to have it off much anyway. He looked at his reflection, and noticed his eyes had turned a bright yellow, matching his hair. It was strange, but he felt that he rather liked it. He stood for a moment, looking for any other changes, but he found none. He turned to the genie "Alright, this seems to have gone well, not perfectly, but well. Keep in mind, I didn't expect you to grant every wish just how I would want it. I'll need some more time to think about this next one."
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Nala was happy to oblige; after all, three wishes and she was right back in that accursed bottle. He could take as long as he liked while trying to decide what his last wish would be. She leaned back in her seat, folding her hands on top of her stomach, inspecting the dragon. "What will you name him?" she asked with a smile.
    Armond
    Armond

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Armond Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Armond shrugged "I'm not entirely sure..what about...flamey? Bluey? Snappy?" He was never the best at naming things. "I don't know! I've never named a dragon before! I don't even know the names of any dragons!" Armond stood up, and stuck his head outside of a door, calling for a guard, the said guard came rushing over immediately, along with the rest of the palace, people protecting their king tend to get a little worried when he starts frantically calling for them. Soon, the corridor was filled with maids and knights. "My liege! What's the problem?" the closest knight asked. Armond, who was at the door, stepped to the side, revealing Nala and the small dragon. "Could you perhaps help me name this dragon?" The whole corridor let out a sigh, perhaps not of relief, and there was a moment of silence, until a voice from the back shouted "have you tried flamey?"
    Nala Sun
    Nala Sun

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Nala Sun Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Nala couldn't help a laugh; this had to be the most comical thing she'd ever seen. She stood, going to the small dragon. It looked at her with intelligent eyes, curiosity shining through them. "Well, little one? What do you think?" she said lightly, scratching the small creature's head as she quietly thought to herself. She then turned to Armond. "What of Cheikh, or Yasahiro? They mean wise." Nala asked with a smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:38 am