Does the Clock Strike Death?

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to DCSD! We hope you enjoy your stay!

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» NEW SITE!! NEW SITE!!
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:45 pm by Atreyu

» Bringing The Site Back
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 pm by Atreyu

» Updated Descriptions Of Races
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:21 pm by Atreyu

» Site Design?
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm by Kanana

» The Thread in Which Tokiwa and Kanana Haz Adventures and Schtuff
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 am by Tokiwa

» I WILL FIX IT
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 pm by Kanana

» Posts, Topics, Emails and Other Junk
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:25 am by Kanana

» Something Unexpected CLOSED
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm by Jareth

» Herro
Adventuring in the Mountains EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 am by Jareth

3 posters

Adventuring in the Mountains

Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Corleiks

Adventuring in the Mountains Empty Adventuring in the Mountains

Post by Kanana Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Kanana laughed from the exhilaration of being out in the mountains! Finally! She hadn't been able to get out here in what seemed like FOREVER! She looked around for any sign of possible prey. Finding a small deer trail, she began to track it, noting that the tracks were freshly made a little over twenty minutes ago....
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Adventuring in the Mountains Empty Re: Adventuring in the Mountains

Post by Roark Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Roark had been doing a rather long jog as exercise and had ended up in some huge mountains. That's what happened when you go running for three hours though. The slopes became steep, and Roark was finally getting tired, so he sat on a rock to breathe. He spotted a rather strange woman and decided to walk over and brag.

"Hey, what's up?" He folded his arms and gave a skeptical look.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Kanana was interrupted by some fellow, overly muscled. If she weren't so irritated that he'd bothered her during her few times to hunt, she would've found him quite attractive, really. Instead, she glared at him, staring him down. "I'm busy, peasant. Go away."she growled, hands on her hips, bow, arrows, and spear strapped to her back. Her wings ruffled irritably, and she began examining the deer tracks yet again.
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Roark was absolutely stammered by this woman's rudeness and audacity. He stuttered for a bit and then yelled, "Do you know who I am! I am born of inheritance and riches! You-you-" Roark looked the woman up and down and realized she probably wasn't poor herself. He folded his arms angrily. What a b'itch. Roark thought to himself. He would voice it aloud, but Roark wasn't quite that blunt. "What's a frail thing like you doing up here in the mountains?" The woman wasn't a frail thing, but she was a jerk, Roark figured this would rustle a few feathers.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Kanana literally laughed in his face. "Do you know who I am?" she sneered in response to his little stutter-fest. "I am Lady Kanana, the Lightning Mistress. In case you still don't know exactly who I am, I'm the Queen of Noseados," she said with a chuckle. "Now, I suggest you stop asking me what I'm doing out here, and just leave me alone," she finished, her good humor gone and the irritation back.
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

OOC: Good humor? I don't remember that. Razz

Most people would have left by now, but Roark was taking this bluntness as an insult, which made him want to stay more.

"Look Queenie, I don't care who you are, you've insulted me, and now you will apologize." he said, his head up in anger. His body started turning into metal, going from the eyes outward.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 pm

"Obviously, you're an idiot. You're really going to take me on?" Kanana laughed, not worried in the slightest as the sky rumbled with thunder and her arms and staff began crackling with electricity, staff in hand now. She was irritated, though, as her hunt was completely ruined now. "Well, come on now. You've wasted enough of my time.

OOC: Didn't you read about her laughter? Yeah, that was good humor.

@Olive: Anytime, now, dear...
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:45 am

The two had come to a sort of standoff. Roark was full metal now and was preparing to launch his Herculean body at the powerful queen. 1, 2, ...3...WHAT THE!? Roark looked at the sky in horror as a group of five Guertha were flying at Roark and the Queen. Don't they travel alone? Roark shouted in his mind. One of them struck and tried to strangle Roark's neck, but it's metal coat wouldn't budge for the beast. Roark tore at it with his sharp metal claws and it fell off in tatters. He looked over at the queen and nodded his head. A truce...for now, he thought to himself. Roark noticed more of the snakes flying out of the trees now. What could be making these things act this way? "Let's do this!" Roark shouted in his raspy metal voice. He jumped into the air, his heavily built leg muscles throwing him at two more of the serpents. He ripped them in half pretty easily and landed nicely on the ground.
    Olivine
    Olivine

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Ventanie

Post by Olivine Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Olivine had come to the mountains because she felt that something was wrong, she normally wouldn't go near them, she hated the mountains. They were so dirty and full of animals, and, well, she was kind of scared of the legendary Wyvern.

But nonetheless, something was wrong, and it was up to the queen to fix it. She looked around a bit, some animals, some clouds, a bunch of Guertha hunting as a pack, a metal guy, wait, what? Guretha were supposed to travel alone! She reached for the bow she borrowed form her armory back in Oloco.

OOC: Since she borrowed the bow, I'm not going to put it in her weapons inventory, just understand she has it.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Kanana narrowed her eyes, then nodded back at the metal man before lighting the sky with terrifying bolts of lightning. The creatures were either hit, or distracted, and she tore three of them to pieces with her staff before pulling out her bow and loading an arrow, sending an electrical charge through it before letting it loose. It hit the neck of one, and with a shriek, it fell to the forest ground, smoking. She smiled to herself, then noticed Olivine. OLIVINE?! She quickly ran over to the younger woman, fiercely protective of her life-long friend, and moved to stand near her in a protective stance.
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:01 am

Roark had been thrashing the snakes quite handily. They really had nothing they could do to Roark, well, at least he thought. He had been shredding a very long guertha, and hadn't noticed that three more were wrapping around his legs. One problem with a metal body is the lack of nerves. Roark didn't see the snakes until his legs were slammed together by force, and he fell to the ground. They continued to wrap his arms against his body, and he made a metal shriek to alert the Queen that he was in danger. He had not noticed the other woman yet.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 am

Kanana was busy stabbing and slicing the snake-like creatures to bits, trying to see that Olivine was safe, barely noticing what she was doing. When she heard a cry, though, her attention was snapped to the arrogant man she'd just met. He was wrapped in three of the damned creatures, and part of her just wanted to leave him there. But, of course, she didn't, and took out a dagger and slit all three of them open before they could even blink. She then nodded again at him, her eyes shining with the fervor of battle, and she resumed guard mode of Olive.
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:43 am

Roark was too prideful to thank the Queen and got up without looking at her. He continued cutting up some snakes, and he began to notice their numbers dwindling. It looked like the battle would be over very soon as long as there were no further interruptions. But that wouldn't happen, now would it? A sound unlike the shimmering of leaves echoed across the clear sky. It grew louder, and louder, and compounded until it was clear that the trees were not making this noise, but rather a snake's hissing was the origin of the breathy whisper. The volume increased, notifying the trio that the serpent was moving quickly and closing the distance between it and them. Roark spotted a shimmer of movement in the leaves, and his eyes made out the largest snake he, and possibly anyone, had ever seen. It's length must have been longer than a two story house, and it was much bigger around than Roark was, even in his metal state. He wasn't sure if even two of him would be as big as the beast. Roark had been dumbstruck for so long that the creature was nearly to them, and when he realized he shouted, "What the h'ell is that!?" is his grating metal voice.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Kanana's eyes widened. It...it was HUGE! But uh...nothing she couldn't handle. She looked to the metal man. "It's a Guertha...but bigger!" she answered his question, then ditched her fearful feelings. She was Lady Kanana, the Lightning Mistress! There was nothing for her to fear. She snorted at the great creature, then launched herself into the air, wings flapping. She dived down at the beast, landing on his snout, going in for it's eye with her spear.
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 pm

((Guertha don't have eyes))
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 pm

((DAMMIT! Oh, and by the way, Gmail's on the fritz. Keeps trying to download something, but I can't open the file, so...yeah.))
    Olivine
    Olivine

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:
    Race: Ventanie

Post by Olivine Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Olivine was incredibly scared, so she prepped an arrow. But realizing that with her accuracy, she'd be more likely to hit Kanana than the beast. She put her arrows away, they wouldn't help her anyway, the thing was MASSIVE! And her powers wouldn't help either because she would kill Kanana as well. So she stood her ground and did nothing.

"Good luck, Kanana!"
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:14 pm

The queen went for a stab to the snake's "face." Her spear made a beautiful whistling sound as it was driven at the serpent creature. Unfortunately, the sound that meant unmatched speed also made it easy to hear. The blind creature's great listening abilities allowed it to throw it's head out of the way, and the slick scales did not help Kanana hold it with her feet. The guertha slithered to the right, and once it was safe, reacted by tackling the queen with it's gargantuan weight. Roark was stunned by all this, and only mustered up the courage to run to the creature's middle where he started scratching at it with his sharp claws. His lack of outer nerves haunted him once again though, as the back of the creature's tail crept on him and tied Roark up. I can't believe I let this happen again.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Kanana grunted under the damned Guertha's weight, and she stabbed it repeatedly with her spear, trying to get it to move. She was beginning to lose feelings in her legs, and her wings flapped incessantly as she tried to somehow pull herself out from underneath. Her spear then hit a chink in the Guertha's slick scales, but she didn't account for the fact that it would bleed. It's thick, slimy, warm blood poured into her face, and it was all she could do to not get it in her mouth as she struggled to breath. But, the thing had moved slightly, and she was able to get her legs out from underneath, soaring back into the air. She was now covered from head to toe in the blood, and she made a disgusted noise in the back of her throat before noticing that Roark was in trouble. She flew down immediately and began trying to help him out.
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Roark realized the creature was so strong that his metal body was starting to dent. The horrible sound of creaking metal echoed out into the woods. Roark started screaming in real pain, he could definitely feel that. His claw were doing tiny bits of damage to the snake from the inside, but there was no way Roark could get out on his own. He looked at the queen and shouted, "Shock it! Shock something!"
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Kanana pressed her hands to the thing, her spear lost in in it's many coiled. She sent an electrical charge through the thing, and it loosened it's hold, but remained around Roark. Kanana then raised her arms above her head, and lightning came down from the sky, hitting the great snake more than once before the thing finally loosened it's hold, to get away from the great bursts of light and energy. Kanana offered the metal man a hand, so as to help him up, a look of truce upon her face.
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Roark was about to take the hand, but noticed a bolt of electricity pass between them. He wasn't worried for the queen, she controlled lightning afterall, but it did give him an idea. "Hey Queenie, how about you fill me with electricity, and I can tackle the thing. It looks like the shock will stun him and give me time to kill it." He showed her his long claws and said, [color:fd5a=009999]"I can reach the brain through it's nostrils, rip it to shreds and all that."

Last edited by Roark on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Kanana nodded at the idea. It was rather good, to be honest, although she and her pride would never admit it. She touched Roark's shoulder lightly, and an electrical surge went through her body as Roark began to slightly glow, and his was sparking and flaring with the lightning she'd just filled him with. Then, she grabbed onto his shoulders, gripping them tightly. This would take all of her energy, and she knew it. But she flapped her wings, straining. It wasn't a matter of lifting Roark with her arms; she knew she wasn't strong enough for that. It was simply her wings being able to lift her as she was attached to Roark. She let out a groan, but her wings were able to lift her a few feet off of the ground. With another strained groan and a grit of her teeth, she went higher. She was now near the Guertha's abdomen, and, with a last surge of strength, she began spinning fast. She could feel her grip on Roark begin to slip, and she let go, the force of her spiraling sending him flinging at the Guertha's ugly head. She then dropped to the ground, absolutely exhausted, and watched with half-sleepy eyes.
    Roark
    Roark

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Roark Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Roark was incredibly surprised by the queen's strength. She managed to lift him up into the air and then even throw him at the guertha. A metal man wasn't exactly light. Roark realized that something he'd never felt was growing inside him. Was it respect? He'd never respected anyone before, since he was pretty sure he was the greatest person on Earth, why would he? Roark brushed off the thought and focused on the killing. He landed on the snake's head and felt the electrical charge transfer from him to the snake. The serpent froze from the paralysis caused, and Roark took the opportunity to slam his sharp claws into the guertha's skull, using the nostrils as a sort of gateway. Once his weapons were inside the head, Roark thrashed them around in any direction he could. The brain was tarnished and many things necessary for survival were cut off. The snake did not come out of its paralysis and instead fell onto the ground with a sickening crash. It seemed to be dead.
    Kanana
    Kanana

Character sheet
    Weapon's Inventory:

Post by Kanana Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Kanana noticed that the thing was dead. She was so exhausted that she had sunk to laying on the floor of the forest. She pushed herself up a little on her arms, enough to nod at Roark in thanks, and then passed out. She'd kick herself later for being a weakling about it, but at the moment, her body needed time to recover from the massive amount of energy and power she had used.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:03 am